2. Applicant under 18 must have both parents sign.
3. Applicant under 16 must have both parents sign and have judge's consent.
4. Must produce birth certificates and picture ID. If Foreign birth it must be accompanied with an appropriate translation.
5. Must wait 72 hours after receiving license to be married. License is good for 30 days only in the State of Louisiana.
6. If previously married, must provide copy of divorce decree. Must specify if the ex-spouse is living or deceased. Also must provide date and location of each divorce.
Any exceptions MUST be authorized by the district judge.
License cost $27.50
Passports can be ordered through the Clerk's office. One 2" x 2" picture is required, along with a certified birth certificate and a driver's license. Both parents must sign applications for minors. Normal processing time is 4 to 6 weeks for both minors and adults.
Costs: $110 check or money order made payable to the Department of State, and a separate $25 cash or check to the Clerk of Court.
Minors: $80 check or money order signed by a parent made payable to the Department of State, and a separate $25.00 cash or check to the Clerk of Court.
Can be expedited for an additional fee of $60. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.